Compost materials to use: Grass clippings, twigs, leaves Jump-start Your Compost Process
The ringer Compost Plus kick-starts the compost process with essential organisms and nutrients that efficiently break down organic material. Transform common yard waste — such as lawn clippings, dead leaves, pine needles, and twigs — into compost within 60 to 90 days. Use the rich humus that results as fertilizer or mulch, or as a soil amendment. This two-pound box contains enough activator for several batches of compost.
With one bag, you can convert an up to 750 pounds of yard debris into rich compost!
How to Compost
To build a compost pile, find a spot that’s at least 3 feet wide and 3 feet long. It doesn't need to be in direct sun, but the spot should not be too soggy. Start by spreading a 4- to 6-inch-thick layer of browns on the ground. Top that with a layer of greens, and cover it with another layer of browns. Continue to add new material as you have it. The raw materials are transformed into compost by hungry microorganisms that consume the ingredients. You can stimulate their activity by adding organic Ringer Compost Plus Compost Starter to your blend. You can tell your compost is done when you can no longer identify the raw ingredients. Finished compost looks like chocolate cake crumbs and has an earthy, sweet smell.
Directions for Using Ringer Compost Plus
- Sprinkle Compost Plus liberally over top of your pile of material (such as twigs, wood chips, etc. *)
- Water to moisten
- Repeat steps with each additional layer of material you put on the pile
- Every 7-10 days, aerate pile with an aeration tool or turn with forked tool
*Grass clippings will compost the fastest, leaves are slower and twigs and wood chips will take the longest.
Humus enhances the supply and availability of all nutrients to the soil
Improve garden soil by applying a 3-inch layer of humus and turn it into the soil before planting. You can also add to a new lawn; blend compost into the soil prior to seeding or sodding.
- 2-pound box of compost starter
- Quickly reduces waste into rich, moist humus in 60-90 days
- Contains a blend of microorganisms with specially designed nutrient sources that start the compost process quickly and efficiently
- Specially formulated to compost lawn clippings, brown leaves, wood chips, pine cones and twigs
- Use 1 box for up to 750 pounds of yard debris