The PanaVise 301 holding tool is designed for use in small projects requiring precise, secure holding power. The 301 vise, PanaVise's original small work holding tool, features lateral adjustability up to 90-degrees along with 360-degree turns and rotations, smooth insulated nylon jaws for gentle holding power, heat-tolerant materials, a detachable head assembly and base combination and compatibility with optional vise components. It is suited for use for hobbies, electronics, small home repairs and standard work bench applications.
PanaVise's original small vise, perfect for both industrial and hobby applications.
View larger. Turn, Tilt and Rotate Items for Industrial and Hobby Applications
The PanaVise 301 standard vise is lightweight yet durable and works well for industrial and hobby applications. The vise is designed around a vise head assembly connected to a die cast zinc base by PanaVise's patented ball joint clamp system, known as a split-ball. The split-ball system not only holds items within the vise head assembly securely in position, but also allows for maneuvering of them along three separate planes. The complete range of mobility possible with the model 301's split-ball joint clamp system is a 90-degree tilt to the left or right, along with either an angled rotation or level turn range of 360 degrees. This range of mobility allows the user to rearrange items being worked on into virtually any position limiting the need to adjust the overall position of the vise or the item within the vise.
Split-ball joint allows the vise head to move across 3-planes, allowing for maximum flexibility when working.
View larger. Smooth heat-tolerant nylon jaws provide a scratch-free, insulated hold.
The PanaVise 301 standard vise ships with PanaVise's standard 303 vise head assembly, which contains a number of convenient features. The first of these revolves around its ability to securely and safely hold items. The smooth, removable nylon jaws of the vise head assembly are 2-1/2 (63.5 mm) by 1/2 tall (12.6 mm). They secure the toughest of small jobs, without scratching and offer excellent electrical insulation and gentle holding power. The overall vise opening width between jaws is 2-1/4 (57.1 mm). Also, since exposure to heat sources is common in vise applications such as gluing, circuit board wiring, jewelry making and use around handheld power tools, the vise head assembly of the PanaVise 301 standard vise is reasonably resistant to heat, with a continuous heat tolerance to 200 degrees F (93 degrees C) and intermittent heat up to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C).
Includes PanaVise's Most Popular Base
The PanaVise 301 standard vise offers great flexibility of mount possibilities. The included model 300 PanaVise standard base can be used as a stand-alone support when working with light items, or can be used to secure the vise permanently to a flat surface via its three countersunk holes (screws not included). The base features a single control knob to secure the full range of movement provided by its split-ball functionality, is compact with a height of 3-3/4 (95.2 mm) and weight of 1.4 lbs. (0.6 kg) and accepts all 300 series heads with a 5/8 (15.9 mm) shaft.
- The easy-to-use split-ball adjustment element with single knob controls head movement through 3-planes: 90 degree tilt, 360 degree turn and 360 degree rotation
- Jaws are 2-1/2 (63.5 mm) wide, 1/2 (12.6 mm) tall and open to 2-1/4 (57.1 mm)
- Removable nylon jaws offer insulation from electricity and heat, and provide as gentle holding power
- Interchangeable jaws available
- Base accepts all 300 series heads with 5/8 (15.9 mm) diameter post
- Base features 4.3125 (109.5 mm) bolt circle countersunk for three 1/4 (6.3 mm) flathead screws (not included)
- The vise features compatibility with all PanaVise base mounts and many other accessories
- Overall height: 6-1/4 (171.4 mm)
- Rotation: 360 degrees
- Turn: 360 degrees
- Pivot: 90 degrees
- Continuous heat tolerance: Up to 200 degrees F (93 degrees C)
- Intermittent heat tolerance: Up to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C)
- Vise opening: up to 2-1/4 (57.1 mm) maximum
- Jaw width: 2-1/2 (63.5 mm)
- Jaw height: 1/2 (12.6 mm)
- Overall weight: 2.7 pounds (1.2 kg)
- 4.3125 (109.5 mm) diameter bolt circle
- .300 center hole
- Three counter sunk holes for 1/2 (6.3 mm) flathead screws
- Compatible with all 300 series heads and any 5/8 (15.9 mm) diameter post
What's in the Box?
- PanaVise model 301 Standard PanaVise (includes model 300 standard vise base, model 303 standard vise head)
- User's manual and warranty information
Limited Lifetime Warranty
All PanaVise products are warranted against defective materials and/or workmanship to all original consumer owners from the date of original consumer purchase for the lifetime of ownership by the original consumer owner. In the event of defective materials and/or workmanship, PanaVise Products, Inc. will, without charge, repair or replace, at its option, the defective product within 60-days from the receipt of the defective product. The Warranty does not apply to damage not resulting from defective materials and/or workmanship while in the possession of the original consumer or to unreasonable use by the original consumer, which includes but is not limited to improper installation, or failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.
Founded in 1957 by tool and die maker Otto Colbert and currently headquartered in Reno, Nevada, PanaVise is a leader in work holding products. Over the years, a natural outgrowth of this expertise has been continued development of other items which hold things securely and offer a wide range of motion. Important areas in which this has been applied include, Electronics, CCTV Camera Mounts, and Audio/Video Mounts, earning PanaVise the nickname the the hold it anywhere you want it company.